New Years eve San Diego
Celebrating New Year’s Eve is one of those things that you either acknowledge with a bang or you let it sneak in quietly. Lots of San Diegans like to head to big events to celebrate with the rest of their friends and community. And that’s cool, too, because San Diego has a couple of longtime traditions for ringing in the New Year.
San Diego may not have an established gathering spot, like New York City’s Times Square or even Seattle’s Space Needle, but there are still big bashes where you can go party or family-friendly events you can head to with kids on New Year’s Eve in San Diego.
In addition, many hotels and restaurants around town have special New Year’s Eve dinner packages, if you feel like welcoming the New Year with a delicious meal.
In fact, San Diego County public transit typically offer free rides and special late-night schedules on New Year’s Eve.
WAYS TO CELEBRATE NYE IN SAN DIEGO
- Sail the night away with lavish food and entertainment aboard a luxury yacht.
- See and be seen at one of San Diego’s hip night clubs in the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Celebrate all night in one place by booking a room at a party-host hotel.
- Tickle your toes in the sand at a beach party on the bay.
- Reserve a special table for two at one of San Diego’s finest restaurants.
- Sip and savor a local San Diego beer while dancing the night away at a local craft brewery.
- Bring the whole clan for family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebrations at local museums and attractions that conveniently wrap-up before bedtime.
Sourse – sandiego.org, tripsavvy.com