Sucker Punch is known as the developer behind Infamous and Sly Cooper, but at PlayStation’s Paris Games Week late last year the studio debuted it next title, Ghost of Tsushima. To date, we haven’t learned much about the game, but it seems to be a historical open-world action title set in Feudal Japan.
During Sony’s bizarre E3 press conference experiment, we finally got a look at the game in action. Here were our big takeaways.
- The game demo starts with a musical number, but you probably don’t care about that really.
- The art direction is gorgeous. Nearly every shot features a stunning vista filled with flowing trees and gorgeous plants.
- You can ride a horse, and that horse’s name is Nobu.
- The HUD is extremely clean. There doesn’t appear to be any health bars or anything else to distract you from the game’s great visuals.
- The game features a mix of stealth and action. At one point the main character attacks a group of enemies from above and the action slows down so he can take out several in quick successon.
- Seriously, this game has great use of color.
Stop listening to us jabber on about this game and watch the gameplay demo for yourself!
by BEN REEVES