These Vegan Mega-Burritos are stuffed with a sweet potato, cauliflower, and walnut taco meat filling, plus the usual suspects of avocado, salsa, and a heavy thwap of vegan cashew queso! Versatile, quick to make, and seriously SO GOOD.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower walnut taco meat
- 1/2 cup water
- mashed avocado
- large flour tortillas
- vegan queso, or cheese (if you’re not all-out vegan)
- Filling: Start with your sweet potatoes in a skillet with a swish of oil and salt. Saute until fork-tender. Add prepared cauliflower walnut taco meat and just enough water to get it looking nice and saucy and taco-meaty.
- Assemble: Stuff a flour tortilla with mashed avocado, cauliflower walnut filling, salsa, cilantro, and queso or cheese. Roll, wrap, fry in a skillet… whatever suits your fancy. The Mega-Burrito says you do you!
- If you use a sweet potato, chop it up small so the pieces cook faster!
- You don’t have to use sweet potatoes. Try carrots, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, you name it!
- The cauliflower walnut meat would be good as a filling in and of itself, so if you’re really in a rush, you don’t have to add the sweet potatoes or any other veggies for that matter. I just like to add veggies to bulk it up and add some extra nutrition.