Turkey and Tomato Panini
This panini is packed with flavor. It’s zesty and fresh thanks to perfect roma tomatoes, lemon juice, and fresh basil. It’s creamy and rich from a combination of mayo, Greek yogurt, and just a bit of parmigiano reggiano. And guess what? It’s only 250 calories. Crazy, right?
- 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- juice from half a lemon (I used a Meyer lemon)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano
- salt & freshly-ground pepper
- 2 slices bread (I use Dave’s Killer Bread in their Thin-Sliced variety)
- 2 ounces oven-roasted deli turkey
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, basil, and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread 1/2 of the mixture on each slice of bread. Arrange the tomato slices on one piece, and the turkey on the other. Close the sandwich.
Press in a panini press for 3 minutes, until golden brown. (You could also do this in a pan just like a grilled cheese.)
Source – spachethespatula.com