These Air Fryer Doughnuts Have Just 4g of Fat
If you’re craving doughnuts without the guilt, these yeast-risen rings deliver the same sweet, tender, and crackly sugar glazed goodness thanks to your air fryer. Pro tip: After the doughnuts have risen, use the parchment paper to help gently transfer them into the air fryer. Use two forks to lower them into the glaze for maximum coverage.
See more recipes here.
- 1/4 cup warm water, warmed (100F to 110F)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup , plus 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups (about 8 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons tap water
How to Make It
- Stir together water, yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon of the granulated sugar in a small bowl; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Combine flour, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture, milk, butter, and egg; stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 8 doughnuts using a 3-inch round cutter and a 1-inch round cutter to remove center. Place doughnuts and doughnuts holes on a lightly floured surface. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Place 2 doughnuts and 2 doughnuts holes in single layer in air fryer basket, and cook at 350°F until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and holes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and tap water in a medium bowl until smooth. Dip doughnuts and doughnut holes in glaze; place on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet to allow excess glaze to drip off. Let stand until glaze hardens, about 10 minutes.