Tasty Potato Leek Soup
Potato Leek Soup is a warm comforting soup bursting with creamy and delightful flavors. It’s easy to make, but delivers very sophisticated flavors. Dazzle your family or guest with this delicious comforting soup.
- 4 Leeks, White And Light Green Parts, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2-½ pounds Yukon Potatoes, Cubed
- 8 cups Chicken Stock
- ½ cups White Wine
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream, Plus More To Serve
- Salt To Taste
- Croutons, To Serve
- For this recipe you will only be using the white and light green parts of the leeks. Cut leeks in half (vertically) and make sure to wash thoroughly. Leeks tend to be very muddy and you need to make sure they’re clean. Once they are clean, roughly chop them.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and add chopped leeks and garlic. Cook until they are wilted but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes and chicken stock and boil until potatoes are fork-tender. Add wine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- With a handheld immersion blender, puree until smooth. Add sour cream and heavy cream. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve garnished with cream and croutons.
Note: Alternatively, you can use another blending device (i.e. blender) but be careful because it is hot soup. Make sure to read your device instructions for blending hot items.
Source – tastykitchen.com