Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Mushroom Duxelles, Quinoa, and Parmesan
Zucchini is the perfect vessel for stuffing — once scooped out, their seedy centers form a tiny boat for filling. Finely chopped mushrooms are sautéed with butter and shallot for a riff on mushroom duxelles, a classic French preparation. Folded into a quinoa stuffing, it’s divine!
Serving 4 people
- 32 ounce Zucchini
- 8 ounce Button Mushrooms
- 4 unit Roma Tomato
- 4 clove Garlic
- 2 unit Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 4 ounce Shallot
- 2 ounce Parmesan Cheese (ContainsMilk)
- ½ ounce Thyme
- ¼ ounce Parsley
Not included in your delivery
- box Salt
- 2 tablespoon Butter (ContainsMilk)
- box Pepper
- 5 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Prep and roast the zucchinis: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Halve the zucchinis lengthwise, then scoop out the seedy area with a spoon. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and toss with a large drizzle of olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven, cut side down, and roast for 20-25 minutes, until soft and golden brown on the bottom.
- Cook the quinoa: While the squash roasts, bring 2 cups water and the stock concentrates to a boil in a small pot. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Prep the remaining ingredients: Meanwhile, finely chop the mushroom caps and stems. Halve, peel, and mince the shallots. Mince or grate the garlic. Halve, seed, and finely dice the tomatoes. Strip the thyme off the sprigs and finely chop the leaves. Finely chop the parsley.
- Cook the vegetables: Heat 2 Tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add a large drizzle of olive oil, the mushrooms, tomatoes, and thyme to the pan. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, until very soft and cooked down. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the stuffing: Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the zucchinis: Once ready, remove the zucchinis from the oven and stuff with as much quinoa mixture as will fit. Heat the broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. Sprinkle the zucchini boats with Parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Finish: Plate the remaining quinoa mixture. Serve the zucchini boats on top of the remaining quinoa and sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!
Source – hellofresh.com