Spicy chicken kebabs
Get maximum flavour by marinating the chicken in this spicy, low-fat yoghurt mix.
Equipment: You will need kebab skewers to make this recipe on the barbecue.
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh chopped coriander, optional
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 x 150g/5½ chicken breasts, cubed
- green salad
- pitta bread
- Mix together the yoghurt, garam masala, chilli powder, lime juice, coriander and red chilli.
- Marinate the chicken in the yoghurt mixture for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to hot. Alternatively you can cook the chicken under a hot grill.
- Thread the chicken onto the kebab skewers and cook on the barbecue until the chicken is tender and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with salad and pitta bread.
If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for 30 minutes.