Scrambled egg and toast with smoked salmon
This breakfast is the perfect brain food for when you have a challenging day ahead, plus it’s super easy to make.
Each serving provides 605kcal, 33g protein, 17g carbohydrate (of which 2g sugars), 44g fat (of which 21g saturates), 2g fibre and 3g salt.
For the scrambled eggs
- 1 tbsp butter, plus extra for spreading
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, toasted
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the scrambled eggs, melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add in the eggs, stirring constantly. Cook the scrambled eggs slowly to make sure they stay creamy – no less than 5 minutes. Once thick add the milk. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, put the slice of toast in the middle of the plate. Spoon over the scrambled eggs, place the smoked salmon on top and season with lots of black pepper.