Roasted Beet And Arugula Salad With Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
FOR THE SALAD:
- 16 ounces baby arugula
- 3 large beets peeled and roasted
FOR THE MAPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bourbon Candied Pecans and Cranberries
- Fresh goat chevre
- Fresh cracked pepper
ROAST THE BEETS:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the beets and wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Place beets on a baking sheet and roast until very soft when poked with a fork, about 90 minutes.
- Allow beets to cool enough to handle. Unwrap them from the foil, peel them using a potato peeler or paring knife, and chop them into wedges.
MAKE THE MAPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
Add all ingredients for the vinaigrette to a small blender and blend until smooth.
PREPARE THE SALAD:
- Add the arugula to a large serving bowl and toss in desired amount of Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Serve salad with roasted beet wedges, maple-bourbon candied pecans and cranberries, and goat cheese.
You can serve this salad with warm roasted beets or put them in the refrigerator and chill them until cold.
Source – theroastedroot.net