Roast Cauliflower, Cumin And Coconut Milk Soup
With three ingredients plus store-cupboard spices, this is how to make a simple, vegan cauliflower and coconut soup that’s full of flavour.
For this recipe you need a blender.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- big pinch dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml/20fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Mix the cauliflower and garlic together on a large baking tray, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and chilli flakes, if using, and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 25–30 minutes, or until golden.
- Pour the stock and coconut milk into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Squeeze the roast garlic out of its skin and add it and the cauliflower to the liquid. Simmer very gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and blitz using a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.