Pork Luau Burgers with Pineapple Relish and Green Salad
Pork-and-pineapple is one of those combos that will make your taste buds do the hula, glow with sunshine, and ride the wave to Flavor Beach. Naturally, we had to find a way to turn that into a burger. Ground pork’s savoriness is amped up further by garlic and soy, and then with a touch of honey that complements the sweetness of the warm pineapple relish spiked with slivers of onion.
- 2 teaspoon – Garlic
- ¼ ounce – Cilantro
- 1 unit – Red Onion
- 8 ounce – Pineapple
- 20 ounce – Ground Pork
- 2 tablespoon – Soy Sauce (ContainsSoy)
- ½ ounce – Honey
- 2 unit – Persian Cucumber
- 2 unit – Brioche Buns (ContainsMilk,Wheat,Egg)
- 4 ounce – Spring Mix Lettuce
- 2 teaspoon – White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon – Mayonnaise(ContainsEgg)
Not included in your delivery
- 2 tablespoon – Olive Oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400 degrees. Mince or grate garlic until you have 2 tsp. Chop cilantro. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Drain pineapple.
- In a large bowl, mix together pork, cilantro, garlic, soy sauce, and honey. Shape into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, tossing, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Toss pineapple into pan and cook until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan and cook until browned on bottom, 4-5 minutes. Flip, cover pan, and cook on other side until no longer pink in center, 3-4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice cucumbers. Split buns in half and toast in toaster oven or oven until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. (TIP: Place the buns on a baking sheet if toasting them in the oven.) In another large bowl, toss lettuce, cucumbers, 2 tsp vinegar (we sent more), and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise, then fill with patties, relish, and a small amount of salad. Divide between plates and serve with remaining salad on the side
Source – hellofresh.com