Pizza on toast
Cheese on toast meets pizza in this easy peasy cheesy recipe – add whatever toppings take your fancy.
- 1 thick slice white or brown bread
- 2 tbsp pasta sauce, pizza topping, tomato salsa or passata
- thinly sliced chorizo, salami, ham, mushrooms or roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, jalapeños
- 30g/1oz cheese, such as grated Cheddar, ready-grated mozzarella, or a mixture
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high setting. Place the bread on a baking tray or grill pan and grill on one side until lightly toasted.
- Turn the bread over and spread with the tomato sauce and top with the chorizo, mushrooms, or any other topping. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Return to the grill for a further 2–3 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the toppings are hot.