One-pot chorizo and pepper spaghetti
This one-pan chorizo pasta from Eat Well for Less is quick, simple and speedy dinner. A true family favourite with less washing up.
Each serving provides 411 kcal, 20g protein, 62g carbohydrates (of which 9g sugars), 11g fat (of which 4g saturates), 7g fibre and 1g salt.
- 150g/5½oz chorizo, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 peppers (mixture of red and yellow), halved, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 160g/5½oz button mushrooms, halved
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 450g/1lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 litre/1¾ pints boiling water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 30g/1oz Parmesan, freshly grated
- Heat a large, deep-sided casserole or frying pan over a high heat, add the chorizo and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peppers and button mushrooms and cook for another 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli flakes and red wine vinegar. Stir in the spaghetti, pour in the boiling water and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente, and the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce. Stir the mixture occasionally to make sure that the pasta is under the liquid and not sticking together.
- Stir in three quarters of the basil and plenty of black pepper
- Serve with the Parmesan and remaining basil.