Lighter Asian Noodle Salad
This simple and healthy salad is packed with fresh flavours.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger (from about a 2″ piece)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cashew halves
- 2 cups grated carrots (from about 3 medium carrots)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- 2 zucchini, spiraled thin
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced
1. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil, garlic, lime juice and chile in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Coarsely chop and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, chopped mint, chopped basil, zucchini noodles, cucumbers, bell peppers, cabbage and toasted cashews. Add the dressing to the bowl and toss together gently (zucchini noodles are fragile). Garnish with mint and basil leaves and serve.
Sourse – foodnetwork.ca