Life-Changing Crispy Fried Pizzas
Crispy fried pizzas that are light, airy, and the perfect combination of crispy/chewy. It is the absolute best way to make amazing, restaurant-level pizza at home!
- 1 package of pizza dough
- oil for frying (vegetable or canola is best)
- tomato sauce of choice
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil and/or pesto
- red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- any other toppings you like
- Make the dough: Make the pizza dough according to package directions. Let the dough rise (for DeLallo pizza dough, the rise time is 45 minutes).
- Shape the dough: Divide the pizza dough into 6 sections. Roll each into a ball and flatten into a pizza shape (mine were about 6-8 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick around the outside).
- Prep the oil: Heat a large cast iron skillet with oil (about 1 inch deep). Turn the heat to medium/low. Test the oil by dropping a speck of water in it – when it sizzles or bubbles, then the oil is ready.
- Fry the pizza dough: Working one at a time, gently place the pizzas into the oil and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute until light golden brown. Flip with tongs and repeat on the other side. Transfer to a paper towel lined pan to cool.
- Finish in the oven: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spread each pizza with sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you want. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil, pesto, or anything else you want and serve warm. And then enjoy those puffy, crispy, personal-pan-sized bites of pizza crust!
Source – pinchofyum.com