Keto salmon-filled avocados
Keto simplicity at it’s best! This no-cooking dish is great as a luxurious breakfast, quick lunch or light dinner. In our opinion, it also makes for the best appetizer. When used for that, this recipe yields twice the servings.
- 2 avocados
- smoked salmon
- crème fraiche or mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Place a dollop of crème fraiche or mayonnaise in the middle and add salmon on top.
- Season to taste with salt and squeeze some lemon juice over the dish for extra flavor and to keep the avocado from turning brown.
This keto plate can be served with any other type of fatty fish, boiled, fried or smoked. You can also swap the avocado for vegetables like spinach or shredded fresh cabbage which adds some nice chewiness. Mixed lettuce also works great, even though it isn’t as nutritionally dense as avocado, spinach or cabbage.
Source – dietdoctor.com