Homemade “Kind” Bars
There are so many different combinations of Kind bars you can make, but absolute favorite are the dark chocolate and sea salt bars.
The great thing about making these is there is no baking involved so this makes the process super quick and easy.
- ½ cup unsalted roasted almonds, whole
- ½ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, whole
- ½ cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup puffed rice
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line an 8 inch pan with aluminum foil leaving a couple of inches overhanging on each side.
- In a large greased bowl, mix together nuts, puffed rice and flaxseed meal together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown rice syrup, honey, vanilla and sea salt and bring to a boil, continually whisking for 2 minutes.
- Pour syrup mixture immediately over nut mixture and stir to combine. Transfer into the lined pan and spread out evenly, making sure there are no gaps.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes then, using the overhanging foil, take the block of nuts out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 10 even bars and allow to cool completely before drizzling chocolate.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the chocolate drizzle over the bars and let sit at room temperature until the chocolate has set.
- Store bars in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze to save for later.