Herbed Garlic And Parmesan Croutons
Garlic Herb Parmesan Croutons – amazing and super crispy croutons at home with this easy recipe.
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon peppe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf of Italian bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan
In a small saucepan combine the garlic, the oregano, the basil, the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, and the oil and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, and discard the garlic. In a bowl toss the bread cubes with the oil mixture, spread them in a jelly-roll pan, and bake them in ht e middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the croutons with the Parmesan and bake them for 7 minutes more, or until they are golden. Sprinkle the croutons with the additional salt and let them cool. The croutons keep in an airtight container for 1 week. Serve the croutons as a topping for tossed green salad.
Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
Source – epicurious.com