Healthy tandoori chicken kebabs
his easy and healthy recipe shows you how to whip up your own chicken kebabs in no time. For this recipe you will need 8 metal skewers.
Each serving provides 413 kcal, 51g protein, 37g carbohydrate (of which 9g sugars), 4.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 9g fibre and 1.1g salt.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (600g/1lb 5oz total weight), cut into chunks
- 200ml/7fl oz fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry powder or medium curry powder
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- chopped cucumber, mint and red onion salad, to serve
- wholemeal chappatis or pitta bread, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the chicken in a large bowl.
- Mix together the yoghurt, curry powder, garlic, ginger and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon over the chicken and mix well.
- Thread the chicken and tomatoes alternately onto metal skewers and place under the grill for 6–8 minutes, turning once, halfway through cooking or until lightly charred at the edges and cooked through.
- Serve with the chopped cucumber, mint and red onion salad and pitta bread.