Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns
Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns, it’s easy!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, break into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more for frying
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup besan flour, or chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch, or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water, (optional)
- Process cauliflower and onion in a food processor or grate with a box grater until crumbly.
- Transfer riced cauliflower mixture into a large bowl.
- Add besan flour/chickpea flour, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, salt, water and stir to combine.
- Divide batter into 6 equal portions, shape into patties, about 3 x 2 inches.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 2 or 3 patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip patties and cook for about another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter until finished.