Easy Lemon Bars
Pucker up — these babies are sweet.
For the crust
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 c. butter, room temperature and cubed
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
For the filling
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 c. lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into small wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°, then line a 9″-x-13″ baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the crust: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, flour, and sugars. Mix until smooth crumbles turn into dough.
- Spread dough into prepared baking pan and press to flatten. Bake until lightly golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until fully combined. Pour filling over crust, return to oven, and bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate, 3 to 4 hours. Slice and garnish with powdered sugar and lemon wedges.