Coconut Carrot Muffins
These muffins are perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack on the go. They are packed with fiber from all sorts of good stuff… coconut, flax, apples and carrots. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. ground flax
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed natural brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple (3/4-1 c), cored, peeled and diced (fuji, gala, ambrosia recommended)
- 1 large carrot (~2/3 c.)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried flaked unsweetened coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon. and salt; break up any brown sugar lumps with your fingers or a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce and vanilla, then add to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add apples, raisins, carrots, walnuts and 1/4 cup of the coconut and stir gently until well combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full. Top evenly with remaining 4 teaspoons coconut and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove from the oven and Enjoy!
More recipes here