Cobb Salad In A Jar Recipe
- Mixed greens (2 handfuls)
- ⅓cup cut Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- ⅓cup cut Sara Lee® Honey Ham
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ sliced cucumber
- ¼ chopped tomatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ chopped avocado
- Ranch dressing (or dressing of choice)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
Start by pouring the salad dressing into the clean jar. Next, start layering to create the salad.
You will want to put the veggies next (those that do not wilt). Add the chopped celery, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. Next, add the Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and Sara Lee® Honey Ham. This adds excellent protein to the dinner salad.
Now add the mixed greens. Then the avocado, egg and cheese. Add the lid and place in the fridge. Take them with you for your family on the go and all you need to do is shake the jar to combine the ingredients and salad dressing. Unscrew the top and dig in! You can eat them straight from the jar or toss in a bowl.
Dinner On-The-Go Ideas (Salads In A Jar)
Here are a few more of our favorite dinner on-the-go ideas. I have listed the ingredients in the order in which you layer them in a jar. Again, we love using the quart size glass mason jars for these salads in a jar.
- Pesto Pasta with Chicken– Italian dressing, chopped artichoke, cucumber, red peppers, pesto pasta, Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Chicken, mixed greens, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Antipasto Salad– Italian dressing, pepperoncinis, roasted red pepper, chick peas, Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Sara Lee® Honey Ham, salami, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and parmesan.
- Fiesta Turkey Salad – Spicy ranch dressing, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, chopped romaine lettuce and avocado.
- Asian Chicken Salad– Asian dressing, chopped celery, chopped green onions, Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds.