Chilean Chilled Avocado Soup
With soups we tend to stick to what we know, the classics, international, but still well known classic soups. Soups are like a comfort zone, you want to make sure you’re going to enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling up until the last slurp. However, sometimes it’s nice to have some fun in the kitchen and test out recipes that are unusual to us from around the world and see if our taste buds welcome them happily.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 cups of sparkling water
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ice cubes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup of small basil leaves
- 4 thinly sliced red radishes
- Around 15 thin slices of seeded toasted bread.
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Cut one avocado into cubes and leave it to the side.
- Scoop the flesh of the 3 other avocados and blend them with the sparkling water, olive oil and ice in the blender until smooth.
- Season to preferred taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into your choice of bowl and garnish with avocado cubes, basil, radishes, and toast.
- Immediately before serving add a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt.