By now you know my tendency of coming across recipes that are rule breaking. My fear of the oven drew me to this one… a no bake cheesecake! Cheesecakes are known to be hard to make, so eliminating one difficult factor is a great start. This recipe is by Stephanie from Eat. Drink. Love and it’s a key lime recipe. Not a lot of people consider key lime a go to when it comes to cheesecake, but with one look at the picture your mind might be changed.
- 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 3/4 a cup of crushed graham crackers
- 1 package of softened light cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 package of softened whipped topping (8 ounces)
- 1/3 a cup of fresh key lime (or lime if you can’t find key lime) juice
- 1 Tbsp of lime zest
- 1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk (fat-free)
- Melt the butter.
- Split the cracker crumbs among your serving cups and pack it down.
- Pour butter over them and place in freezer.
- Beat well the cheese, whipped topping, lime juice, zest and condensed milk.
- Take the cups out of the freezer and top with the filling.
- Add any desired toppings.
- Cover them and place in the fridge preferably overnight.