Caramel Apple Pie Oatmeal
Oats are one of the world’s healthiest and most nutritious foods. Eating oats and oatmeal has many benefits for weight loss and optimal health.
And, yes, we love apple pie so much we turned it into oatmeal. Drizzled with caramel, it’s a breakfast you won’t forget.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. milk or water
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Caramel, for drizzling
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple and cinnamon and stir, cooking until soft and golden, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring milk to a boil. Stir in oats and salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer until oats are tender and creamy, 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked apples and brown sugar.
- Serve in a bowl drizzled with caramel.
Source – delish.com