Cafe Mocha Protein Shake
I LOVE coffee, but a lot of health junkies don’t drink coffee because is considered an acidic. Meaning that it throws your body’s pH levels off and we try to be as alkaline as possible.
Coffee, however, does have a bunch of antioxidants in it and therefore (in moderation and without all the added sugar and cream) can be beneficial to your health and body.
Of course we all know that breakfast is very well know as the most important meal of the day because it literally “breaks” the “fast” that our bodies have gone through while sleeping. It also kick starts our metabolism and gets us burning calories right when we wake up.
Anywho… here is a recipe I came up with today that I am absolutely in love with now! It provides that breakfast that you need to get your metabolism going, protein to start your day and it’s quick and easy for those of us who have little time in the morning.
You can have your breakfast and coffee in one!
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz brewed cold coffee
- 6 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until desired consistency is reached.
- If smoothie is too thick or thin for your liking, adjust ice or almond milk to taste.