Bulletproof Coffee is not your average latte.
It’s a high-performance drink that has a massive impact on your energy and cognitive function. Bulletproof Coffee has helped everyone from driven CEOs to professional athletes to busy parents increase their energy so they can do more of what fulfills them.
So, what’s in it?
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
- It all starts with the beans. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil. You’ll learn much more about Brain Octane Oil below, but keep in mind that this stuff is powerful. Start with 1 teaspoon per cup and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. You read that right. It says butter. Don’t worry. This mixture also makes the creamiest, most delicious cup of coffee you’ve ever had. Oh, and make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
Drink Bulletproof Coffee instead of eating breakfast
Starting your day with cereal, granola, oatmeal, toast, fruit, or another carb-heavy breakfast staple spikes your blood sugar. You’ll get a quick burst of energy, but by mid-morning your blood sugar will crash, and you’ll be hungry, tired, and unfocused.
Starting your day with Bulletproof Coffee, on the other hand, gives you three things:
- Suppressed hunger. Brain Octane Oil balances ghrelin and CCK, your hunger hormones, keeping you full until lunch. You can read more about the science behind BP Coffee and hunger suppression here.
- Steady lasting energy. The saturated fat in grass-fed butter slows the absorption of caffeine, which gives you even energy for several hours instead of a caffeine spike and crash. No jitters, either.
- Mental clarity. Brain Octane rapidly converts to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain uses more efficiently than carbs or sugar. Pair ketones with the slowly releasing caffeine and you can literally feel your brain turning on.
Ditch the carb-heavy breakfast. Start your day with fat for fuel. You’ll be sharp and alert straight through until lunch.
How does it work?
Turns out there is some powerful science behind the benefits of coffee, butter, and Brain Octane Oil. Let’s dive in:
Bulletproof Beans boost energy and brain function
Coffee doesn’t just taste good. It’s packed with essential nutrients like B vitamins, potassium, and manganese. Coffee has loads of antioxidants, which reduce your risk of chronic degenerative diseases and keep your brain sharp. Other health benefits of coffee include:
- A sharper brain: Bioflavonoids in coffee can actually make you smarter by intensifying neuronal firing in the brain. This means your brain cells will communicate faster so thoughts come more quickly and you’ll have better recall. Coffee can also protect your brain as you age.
- A happier outlook: There’s some evidence that a couple cups of coffee a day can improve your mood and sense of alertness.
- Better physical performance and less fat: Caffeine can boost your physical endurance so your workouts seem easier. The caffeine in coffee can also raise your metabolism to help you burn fat.
But none of these benefits mean much if you’re drinking the wrong coffee.
Just like the food you put into your body, the quality of your coffee matters. Certified Clean Coffee Beans give you the mental edge and energy you need to thrive. Crappy coffee can sap your energy and hurt your performance.
Since it’s hard to tell exactly how your beans are grown, stored, and processed (even if they’re organic), we decided to grow and process our own coffee. Here’s how our beans are different:
- Location. Bulletproof Certified Clean Coffee is from high-elevation, Rainforest Alliance certified, single-origin coffee estates in Guatemala and Colombia.
- Quality. Bulletproof Beans are held to stringent quality standards with special sourcing and processing methods that minimize mold and other toxin contamination. This means you can drink cup after cup without worrying about toxic crap in your coffee.
- Taste. Bulletproof Beans are super high-quality Arabica beans, which have a smooth, bold flavor. They’re also less likely to grow mold.
Source – blog.bulletproof.com