Brownie Pops Recipe
We are all about spontaneous and fun gatherings during the summer months. BBQs in the backyard, pizza parties after a long day at the pool, and dinners at the lake are some of our favorite ways to spend time with family and friends on warm summer nights. Today we are partnering with Pillsbury™ to share a fun way to add a little flair to a family favorite dessert. This recipe has become the kids favorite new way to make and decorate the basic brownie.
Summertime baking made easy with Pillsbury! We don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen baking all day during the hot summer months. We have brownie mix on hand throughout the year for a quick and easy dessert. Adding the fun new element of cutting out circles from the brownies and decorating them really gets the kids excited about helping in the kitchen. This recipe only takes an extra 10 to 15 minutes to turn the pan of brownies into something really special.
All you need for the Brownie Pops recipe is a box of Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix, Pillsbury frosting, sprinkles and popsicle sticks. I grabbed all of these at my local Kroger. We will show you how to turn a pan of brownies into brownies on a stick. We used a circle cookie cutter and some decorating skills by the kids to make this fun new way to enjoy everybody’s favorite brownie.
Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix (plus 2 eggs, oil and water)
Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
2 ½ inch circle cookie cutter
- Bake brownies per directions on the box. I used a 9×13 pan. I baked mine at 350 degrees for 24 minutes. After done, let cool completely.
- Using a circle cookie cutter, cut 12 circles. Remove the circles from pan carefully. Place onto a tray. You can keep the scraps of brownies for later (top on ice cream, etc.)
- Gently push a popsicle stick into each brownie.
- Spread frosting on each brownie and top with sprinkles. You can even use food coloring to dye the vanilla frosting different colors. The kids love this part!
- Keep cool until ready to serve. The brownies will stay on the sticks much better when cooled.
Other fun ideas to use this Brownie Pops recipe is to set up a brownie pop bar at your party or dinner. Set up little bowls of Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla frosting, little knives, sprinkles, little candies and popsicle sticks. The kids can make their own brownie pop during the party.
Photos and video by Sara Albers.