Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli never tasted so good! Raw broccoli can be totally boring but when you toss it into a salad with cheese and bacon incredible things just happen!
This is the perfect side dish to add to the menu for your upcoming celebration. When the kids see there’s bacon and cheese in this salad, and once they taste that lightly sweet dressing the odds of them finishing all of the broccoli and cauliflower just tripled! Both young and old alike will love this salad.
Yield: About 7 servings
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt , or more to taste
- 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 4 cups small diced cauliflower florets
- 8 oz bacon (about 8 slices), diced and sauteed until crisp and drained
- 1 1/4 cups small cubed Colby Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion , rinsed under water and drained (if it’s a mild one you can add a little more)
For the dressing:
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
For the salad:
Add all salad ingredients to a salad bowl (I like to set aside about 1/4 of the bacon and red onion to sprinkle over the top at the end for more color, that’s totally optional), pour dressing over top then toss to evenly coat. Serve within and hour of adding dressing for best results.
Source – cookingclassy.com