Blueberry and lemon traybake 1 rating
This fruity lemon and blueberry traybake is so good, you won’t be able to stop at one piece!
- 125g/4½oz butter, softened
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 250g/9oz soured cream
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- 300g/10½oz self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g/5½oz blueberries
For the cream cheese topping
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 300g/10½oz icing sugar, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- 200g/7oz cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g/2oz blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a rectangular baking tin (approximately 26cm x 20cm/10½in x 8in).
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the soured cream, lemon juice and zest, flour and baking powder until well combined, then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, and set aside until completely cool.
- Meanwhile for the cream cheese topping, beat the butter and icing sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese and lemon juice, then spread over the top of the cake. Sprinkle over the blueberries and dust with icing sugar.