Blackberry and apple crumble smoothie
Mix up this high-protein fruit smoothie, with oats and almonds, for a fibre-filled start to the day.
Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a blender that can crush ice. If your blender cannot crush ice you will need to defrost the berries
- 300g/10½oz frozen mixed berries
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 200ml/7floz semi-skimmed milk
- 150g/5½oz fat-free natural yoghurt
- 25g/1oz porridge oats, with extra fibre
- 10g/¼oz flaked almonds
- Place the berries, apple, milk, yoghurt, oats and nuts in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 75-100ml/2½-3½floz cold water, a little at a time, to achieve a smooth consistency and blend again.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
If making for the following day, keep in the fridge and add extra water or milk as the oats will continue to thicken as the smoothie stands.
Use any frozen fruit you fancy for quick smoothies – it’s much cheaper than fresh.