Asparagus Tortilla Recipe
A great kid-friendly lunchtime snack.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, roughly tor
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ham or prosciutto, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven grill to high heat. Prepare the ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthways to create long ribbons. Cut the asparagus in half, then slice the stalk end in half lengthways. Using a fork, gently beat the eggs in a bowl with the parmesan and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan over a high heat and toss in the zucchini, turning the pieces with tongs until golden. Add a little more oil, turn heat to medium and add the garlic and asparagus and toss together until the garlic starts to change colour (about two minutes). Add the egg to the pan, distributing it evenly in the pan without stirring. Once the eggs start to set around the sides, put under the grill on the top shelf for three to five minutes, or until set, golden and fluffy.
- Be careful not to touch the pan when removing from the oven. Let cool in the pan to room temperature, turn out onto a wooden board then cut into segments like a pie. Serve with some thinly sliced ham or prosciutto (optional).
Sourse – goodfood.com.au