Apple, Oat And Buckwheat Breakfast Muffins
Apple, Oat And Buckwheat Breakfast Muffins are a quick and healthy breakfast recipe that will fill you up and fuel you for the day.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce, divided
- 3 small apples*, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour a muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners.
- Add the almond flour, rolled oats, buckwheat flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and salt to a high-speed blender (or food processor) and blend on high speed until the oats turn into a coarse flour and all ingredients are mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, maple syrup, eggs, and 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure not to overmix. Grate two of the apples (leaving the skin on is fine) and fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter in your muffin pan, filling them only half way up. Drop a teaspoon of apple sauce in the middle of each muffin and then cover with some more batter to fill the muffin cups. Slice the remaining apple thinly and place one or two slices on top of each muffin, pressing them down slightly (you might have leftover apple. Just save it for later)!
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.