Geometric Acrylic Earring DIY
Since there are so many different shapes and colors of acrylic pieces that can find online, it would be fun to make a pair of geometric earrings with a little bit of color and pattern added in. They are super easy to make and you’ll have a pair done in about 10 minutes!
- faux tortoise shell charm rectangles (x6)
- 2″ acrylic circles (these can come with one top hole already punched for you)
- ball earring post with loop (x2)
- assorted sized jump rings
- drill and small drill bits
- jewelry needle nose pliers
- Line up three of your tortoise shell charms underneath your round circle with at least 1/4″ space between them. Mark a hole just above each charm and that’s where you’ll use a very small drill bit to drill through each hole (put a piece of scrap wood or something underneath to protect your work surface). These are a must have for a DIY gal! If you don’t already have a drill for around the house projects, you should totally get one because they really aren’t scary at all once you use it a few times, and you can do SO many projects with them!
- Once your holes are drilled, use your needle nose pliers to open three large jump rings and connect your charms to your acrylic circle.
- Take your earring post and add a small jump ring and then a large jump ring onto that.
- Connect your large jump ring to the top hole in your circle and your earrings are ready to wear!
Source – abeautifulmess.com