DIY Frosted Ombré Paper Pumpkins
What’s your favorite thing about fall? If you love all things pumpkin, we think you’ll enjoy this DIY project! Since so many of you loved our ombré oak leaf branches last month, we decided to make ombré paper pumpkins.
- Cutting Machine or Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Paper Curler
- PanPastel Sponge
- Soft Round Paint Brush
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Curious Metallic Botanic Green and Red Lacquer and Shine Copper Shimmer Metallic
- Card Stock Paper — FAV Shimmer Garnet Plum
- Kraft Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Kraft
- Pan Pastels — Blick Painting Pastels in Rich Gold, Copper, and Magenta Extra Dark
- Clear Finish Spray — Krylon Glossy
- Gather tools and materials listed above. Then download your SVG file or PDF template.
- Cut paper according to template notes using your scissors or Cricut Maker.
- Dab sponge onto PanPastes in Rich Gold and Copper.
- Apply to red and plum pumpkins starting from the center, bringing color halfway up panels.
- Use a paintbrush to blend out the color.
- Repeat for copper pumpkin using PanPastels in Magenta Extra Dark.
- Apply clear finish spray.
- Use paper curler to curve each panel.
- Score and fold the center piece that will support the shape of the pumpkin.
- Use hot glue to attach both ends together at the top.
- Attach the center piece into the middle of the flat pumpkin shape.
- Bring each panel up to the top of the center piece and glue it in place.
- Roll the kraft paper into a tight stem shape and glue it onto the top of the pumpkin.