DIY Floral Bedside Table
- Bedside table
- Cotton cloth
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor paint in Wedding Cake, Smoke, Charcoal, and Cantaloupe
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor wax in Clear
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor paintbrush
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor stencils in Blossom
- Martha Stewart Crafts stencil tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts stencil brushes
Wipe down your table with a dry cloth to remove dust and dirt. This is the only prep step needed when using Vintage Decor paint.
Paint the dresser with one coat of Vintage Decor paint in Smoke. Let dry for at least 2 hours.
Paint a second layer of paint on the dresser with Vintage Decor paint in Charcoal. Let dry for at least 2 hours.
Once the top layer is dry, use sandpaper to distress the surface of the dresser — rub until the base coat of color starts to show through.
Use stencil tape to adhere the Blossom stencil to the front of the dresser. Use the stencil brushes to paint the floral pattern with Vintage Decor paint in Wedding Cake. Let dry.
Paint the dresser knobs with one coat of Cantaloupe. A small amount of paint will give great coverage.
Once stenciled and dresser knob paints are dry, seal the paint with clear Vintage Decor wax. Use a soft cotton cloth to buff the Vintage Decor Wax into the surface. Avoid touching the dresser for 24 hours to allow the paint and wax to cure.